Hello and Welcome!
In todays card and video we will be creating this amazingly fun Shutter Card!!! I have had this die set in my stash for a little while now and I finally got a chance to pull it out and use it to create this special card! Literally all of the hard work has been done for you with the way the dies are created. The set includes the die that cuts the card base and the shutter card mechanism dies, as well as the belly band dies…love that!!!
We will keep the front of the card fairly simple with our lovely lighthouse….but when you open the card you will get this explosion of color in our tropical scene! And when the shutter opens up you will see this beautiful tropical island!
I’ll show you much of the coloring using the Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens and also some ink blending to create the woodgrain texture as well as the sky and ocean.
This card was inspired by the current Lawn Fawn Blog Challenge #101 – travel destination/favorite place – which is linked to below.
All of the supplies used in todays video are listed below.
- Lawn Fawn Shutter Card Dies
- Lawn Fawn Shutter Card Add-on Dies
- Lawn Fawn Stitched Woodgrain Die
- Lawn Fawn Porthole Frames Dies
- Lawn Fawn Everyday Sentiment Banners Dies
- Lawn Fawn Outside In Stitched Circle Stackables Dies
- Lawn Fawn Smooth Sailing Stamps/Dies
- Lawn Fawn Life is Good Stamps/Dies
- Lawn Fawn Ahoy, Matey Stamps/Dies
- Lawn Fawn You Are Sublime Stamps/Dies
- Lawn Fawn Fawndamentals Clear Acetate
- Lawn Fawn Fawndamentals Liquid Stardust
- Lawn Fawn Fawndamentals Bone Folder
- Lawn Fawn Fawndamentals Glue Tube
- Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens – Blender, Flesh Colour, Pink, Wine Red, Pale Rose, FL Yellow, FL Orange, Orange, Haze Blue, Peacock Blue, Green, FL Green, Lt Green, Violet, Purple, Lt Gray, Platinum Brown, Black, Beige, Brown, Dk Brown, Lt Brown
- Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Ink Pads – Salvaged Patina, Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed, Ripe Persimmon, Salty Ocean, Faded Jeans, Black Soot, Weathered Wood, Ground Espresso, Brushed Corduroy
- Tim Holtz Pick Tool
- Gina K. Masking Magic
- Versafine Onyx Black Ink Pad
- Strathmore Bristol Smooth Cardstock
- 1/4″ Scor-tape
- Tombow Permanent Tape Runner
- Nuvo Surface Sweep Brush
- uni-ball Signo Gel Pen White
- iCraft Purple Tape
- Spellbinders Platinum 6 Die Cutting Machine
- My Sweet Petunia Misti Stamp Positioner
- We R Memory Keepers Trim/Score Board
This is so cool … can I come with you!?
Of course!!! Thank you for your sweet comments!
WOW – what a fabulous take on our Travel Destination/Favorite Place challenge !! I love your amazing and clvere shuttercard! Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge! /Karin
Hi Karin! Thank you so much for your kind comments! Have a happy and crafty day!!!