Hello and Welcome!
In todays video we will be creating some fun dimensional gift card holders! To do this, we will be using the Tim Holtz Stitched Slots Die, which is really meant to be used on your scrapbook or journaling pages. It is a great way to display a collection of tickets, photos or other ephemera. I must admit that I have had this die in my collection for quite some time and have never used it. So every now and again I like to look through my dies and use a die set that I have never used before. As I was looking at this set I thought it would be perfect for some holiday gift card holders! I will show you how to create a simple pocket for your slot die!
The beautiful snowflake is a Tim Holtz 3D Impresslits Embossing Folder. This folder not only embosses the image but also die cuts it at the same time! We will be adding some beautiful foiling to the snowflakes with just a glue pen and some Deco Foil. This is a great technique for those of you who don’t have a foiling machine and for those who just want to do some foiling in a specific area. No heat is required for this foiling technique!
We will also be doing some fun stenciling using the Tim Holtz Layering Stencils. These stencils will allow us to use two different colors for our stripes and dots. These are lots of fun to use!!!
We will add a handle for our gift card pocket using some pretty tinsel! Let’s add a few sparkly gems to finish off this project!
If you really love these 3D Impresslits then you may want to check out the videos listed and linked below!
Tim Holtz 3D Oak Leaf Card w/ Distress Sparkle Glitter
Elegant Sizzix 3D Poinsettia Card
Thank you so much for joining me today! If you enjoyed todays video please select the Like and Subscribe buttons and don’t forget to hit that notification bell so that you don’t miss a single video!
All of the supplies used in todays video are listed below. Click the products below to make a purchase. Where available I use compensated affiliate links which are at no additional costs to you.
- Tim Holtz Sizzix 3D Impresslits Snowflake
- Tim Holtz Sizzix Thinlits Stitched Slots
- Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Layering Stencil – Shifter Dots
- Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Layering Stencil – Shifter Stripes
- Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Layering Stencil – String
- iCraft Deco Foil – Silver Shattered Glass
- iCraft Deco Foil – Gold
- iCraft Deco Foil – Silver
- Tim Holtz Distress Mica Sprays (3pk)
- Tim Holtz idea-ology Label Stickers Christmas/Noel
- Tim Holtz idea-oloy Tinsel Twine (Silver) or
- Prima – Christmas Sparkle Collection – Tinsel Trims
- Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Ink Pad – Spun Sugar
- Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Ink Pad – Festive Berries
- Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Ink Pad – Salvaged Patina
- Tim Holtz Paper Trimmer
- Tim Holtz Foam Applicator Tools
- Tim Holtz Pick Tool
- Dew Drop Metallic Ink Pads Set (Silver, Gold, Platinum, Copper)
- Scrapbook.com Sponge Daubers
- Tombow Mono Tape Runner
- Zig Memory System 2 Way Glue – Fine Tip
- ATG 700 Tape Runner
- Gina K Connect Glue
- Scotch Foam Mounting Tape
- Sizzix Paper Sculpting Kit
- Pinkfresh Studios Essentials Jewel Mix
- Scor-tape 6×6 Sheets or
- Scrapbook.com – Double Sided Adhesive Sheets – 6×6
- White Cardstock 65lb
- Strathmore Bristol Smooth 100lb Cardstock
- We R Memory Keepers Stick-it Tool or Marvy Jewel Picker
- We R Memory Keepers Bone Folder
- We R Memory Keepers Silicone Mat
- We R Memory Keepers Trim/Score Board
- Studio 71 White Gesso or TCW White Gesso
- Tech Tools 12″ T-square
- Spellbinders Platinum 6 Die Cutting Machine
- Sizzix Sidekick Die Cutting Machine